Monday, October 27, 2008

especially the dazzling blue skies


My baby girl is feeling better, but still has a bit too much of a runny nose to take to the gym with me. It's just as well. I have a pile of actual work to do, alongside my, you know, just daily life of washing bottles, picking up toys, and (taking a stab at) keeping up with correspondence. Not to mention I've been officially bitten by some sort of creative bug....which is not a complaint....I've been praying for this to happen my entire life. Okay, maybe not my entire life. Just since I was four.

On a side note, I think I really am giving up snacks and alcohol until Thanksgiving. Call it my autumn Lent. Because I'm home all day everyday and have the willpower of a three-year-old, I figure this is the closest I can get to a cleanse, which just sounds so refreshing. And we're beginning the holidays this year with Jimmy's Italian side of the family, so the prospect of guilt-free cabernet, homemade gnocchi, and fried cream-of-wheat is a goal well worth the agony.

It's supposed to hit 80 degrees today in Los Angeles, but I hear it's snowing in the northern states. I'm imagining pure white crystalline snow crusted on dry brown and golden leaves....maybe it's clear and cold, but not too cold to take a walk in the woods, breath hanging in the air, and the scent of bonfires....dazzling blue skies... does anybody have this? I wonder.


Back to work.



all pictures copyright melanie hill 2008

No comments: