Monday, October 27, 2008

even the weather is soft today



Lena has had a cold all weekend and is still recovering, so the two of us have spent the day at home in our comfies, making the best of it. Sesame street, sorting toys by color, tissues, too many milk bottles, and lots of cuddles are the order of the day.

While she naps I am busy looking at our finances and trying to lay out some kind of basis for discussion so Jimmy and I can continue to plan our family's future. Everything feels very pivotal now, but I suspect we will be having these sorts of conversations for the rest of our lives. And that's okay. If we weren't talking about our goals, where would we be headed? Likely nowhere, and we're both in agreement that we don't want to turn around in twenty years and realize we never even looked at our options.

And I am drawing today, which feels nice. Finally looking at some old pieces that I still like in hopes of being inspired. It has been refreshing - playing with old styles, new paper, and just generally spoiling myself. Maybe there will be something new to share tomorrow. Maybe not. Today it is enough to make too much coffee, listen to the hum of traffic outside, write a little, draw a little, and love on my baby girl.

Nobody would hate Mondays if they were all like this.



all pictures copyright melanie hill 2008

No comments: