Wednesday, August 10, 2011

featured


It's Wednesday, and Wednesdays are our day off around here, or rather, Lena's day off from preschool. So it's more like my day ON, and we have fun things planned. Instead of writing today, then, here is a photo I took on one of our many trips this summer. It's a Hipstamatic shot of Jimmy and Lena at Richardson's Beach in Hilo, Hawaii, where we were visiting my father-in-law. You can see one of the many, many, many Hilo rainstorms rolling in, but of course it was nearly impossible to convince Lena to come out of the water. She had such a ball.

I'm extra proud of this shot because it was included in a first round of picks on a recent Pioneer Woman photography assignment. I didn't win, but I'm still awfully pleased to have made it on her site at all.

No comments: