Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas wishlist 2011

Alright, Mom, this one is for you.

We're trying to keep it simple for Christmas around here, so I only asked Jimmy for one of two things as my gift this year. And I will be perfectly happy with that one gift, and nothing else. In fact, I had to think hard to pull this list together. But someone whom I like to describe as "incorrigible" keeps asking me for more ideas. And in any case, I thought it would be fun post my first collage. So without further ado, my Christmas wishlist:


1. West Elm mercury glass vases - because I am SO on the mercury glass bandwagon.
2. EyePoetryPhotography Tuscany print - I'm a sucker for anything in this shop, and already own several prints. Her work makes me wish we had more wall space. I know this is a photograph of Tuscany, but it also reminds me of the drive we take up north when we visit Jimmy's family on the central coast of California, and I love that drive.
3. West Elm serving platter - I have such an affinity for bowls that it turns out we're short on platters. This one is so lovely. Who's coming for dinner?
4. Lillypie Accessories ruffle ribbon flower necklace - this one is Michelle's fault, for sporting a cute cute t-shirt with flowers on it that I mistook for a necklace. I'm not complaining, though - it's too pretty!
5. Ugg Caspia boots in black leather - this right here is one of the two gifts that I asked Jimmy for. The California central coast taught me to love wearing Uggs, but they never look right on me. And then look here at the CUTE Uggs! Who knew?
6. Emma Stine Seraphine necklace - this necklace was featured in Real Simple, which is where I saw it, as did the rest of the world. I shouldn't probably post it here because it's completely sold out and discontinued, but, well, it's so pretty....I guess I'd like something like this. Do you think that's possible?
7. Harry Potter paperback boxed set - I've read them all, of course, but somehow don't own them. And they're on sale! Seriously, I'd love to have these.
8. Envirosax set in Bloom - indispensable, and pretty. We've been giving these as gifts for years, but don't have any ourselves.
9. Chungking Express on Blu-Ray - one of my favorite movies. I used to own a copy on DVD, but loaned it to a friend, who loaned it to a friend, and then moved...
10. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Kindle edition - Yes, I AM the last person to read this book. I usually avoid popular fiction, but the trailer for the movie looks great, and I've recently developed a habit of reading light pop fiction on my iPhone. Is this light pop fiction? Yes? No? Well, it's better than the usual Angry Birds addiction, right?
11. Buechner, Listening to Your Life, paperback - "Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace." I'm almost embarrassed to say that I don't currently own any of Buechner's books, so suffice to say that any one of them would be greedily accepted on my part.
12. White Christmas on Blu-Ray - one of my favorite Christmas movies! Every year I tell myself I should buy it, but I never do. And clearly, I neeed it. How else will I teach my girls to sing "Sisters"? Don't answer that.

No comments: