Thursday, January 26, 2012

recovering

Well, I didn't really intend to take two weeks off from writing here, but life just happens without asking, I suppose. First we all came down with colds, then we took a day or two to catch up on life, then Lena had several last-minute auditions which had us running all over town for two days, then I had a spectacular birthday weekend, and then - the best part of all - we came down with colds again. Or maybe a little flu. At any rate, I'm the last to recover, and as you can imagine there's a pile of work and bills sitting next to me now, demanding my attention. What I'd prefer to do is spend the day writing my now overdue birthday post, or writing about how embarrassed I still am for losing it the other night and bursting into tears in front of my family over a set of bedsheets, and then I'd like to maybe loll on the sofa and watch Downton Abbey for the rest of the day until I have to make myself presentable enough to go pick up the girls from preschool. But instead I'm going to deal with the bills, dive into font files and stationery layouts, and maybe I'll hassle you more with my life tomorrow. Every day I don't write here, I miss it terribly. We just need a little bit more recovery time, I think. Be back soon.

No comments: