Thursday, May 24, 2012

traveling companions



On Tuesday we drove down to LAX and hopped a flight to St. Louis to visit my family for two weeks.  I always get anxious for days before trips like this, worrying about packing for the whole family, hoping that I don't forget anything important: shoes, jackets, swimsuits, blankies, stuffed animals, charging cables...  But truthfully, this trip was exponentially easier than any we've taken over the last five years.  We left the strollers and carseats at home (Grandma and Grandpa have their own, now), swaddling blankets, bibs, burp cloths, and baby slings were unnecessary, and we really only needed just a few diapers and wipes for the plane.  Each kid had their own seat, their own iPod (I KNOW), and Evie only needed one bottle for the entire trip (I KNOW).  Traveling may have become more expensive for us recently, but it's also so. much. easier.

Also, this:


This is when I ask myself, Why mess with perfection?  And I don't have an answer to that right now.

I'd like to say I'll be just as consistent in posting over the next two weeks, but in truth I am loving the opportunity to sit outside on the swing drinking coffee and reading and chatting with my mom until 1am (oops!) just a little bit too much.  But I'll keep in touch, and will try to keep posting photos.  It's just so nice to be here.

xoxo


No comments: