Friday, June 15, 2012

lucky shot



This always happens.  We get to hiatus and I fall under the delusion that we'll be so relaxed, hanging out, Jimmy helping with the girls, and I'll have all this leisurely time to write.  When in reality we spend our time traveling, visiting family, being a family, and tearing out the front yard and laying a brick patio ourselves.  Things should have settled down this week, but of course now I'm sick, and we'll be off to visit Jimmy's family next week.

But I miss being here with you.

I'll be back as soon as I can possibly manage it.  In the meantime, here is one of my favorite photographs from our trip to St. Louis.  The botanical gardens there - Shaw's Gardens - are currently hosting a Chinese Lantern Festival.  As if it wasn't already one of my favorite places in the world!  If you have the chance, you have to go.  HAVE TO.

I didn't personally buy a coin to throw into the lucky tree in this photo, but I do think I got lucky all the same with this sunset shot.  Now I'm passing it along to you.

See you soon.

xoxo


melanie

No comments: