Monday, October 22, 2012

airing out the city kids. (just a little.)




Although in the end we decided it would be too stressful to try to camp with the girls this weekend, we had a good, good time on the central coast, regardless.  Camping could have been so nice, but Evie is going through this thing lately - this, I'm Two-And-A-Half And I Don't WANT To Sleep And I Might Be Getting New Molars Also WHERE'S MY BABA thing.  But two nights in a motel with a fridge, microwave, and a little bay view?  Worked out just fine for us.

And, as you can see, the weather was genuinely chilly and gray and dreary on Saturday, which is exactly what I'd hoped for.  We had good visits with Jimmy's Grampa, Aunt, cousin, and other family and friends.  We ate home-cooked food and relaxed with the girls and even made it to a real-live pumpkin patch where they could run, play, climb, and get lost in a corn maze, ending up happy and covered with hay, and I got to wear a jacket and gloves and take lots of photos of the whole event.  We really could not have planned a better time.

This week is shaping up to be very busy around here.  It looks like we'll finally be changing the girls' room, as the bunk beds are ready and scheduled for delivery on Thursday.  That, combined with several previous appointments and the arrival of my mom on Friday (!!) means I might be a little less present online for a few days.  We'll see.  In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying your autumn, too.  I recommend open windows and lots of hot cider if that is at all possible for you.  These things are good for one's soul.









No comments: