Friday, October 19, 2012

weekend update



Hello, kids!  It's Friday, and we are busy packing up for a weekend on the California central coast to visit some of Jimmy's family.  This will include one night of camping in a tent with the girls for the first time, so, it probably goes without saying that we could use your prayers, well wishes, and any down-home voodoo you might have up your sleeve in order to ensure a safe and restful night.

(I'm not so worried about bears or coyotes or rain as I am worried about spending the night in a one-room tent with a two-and-a-half-year-old who recently gave up sleep but will not give up demanding perfectly-warmed bottles three or four times a night.  Note to self: pack one thermos of milk, one thermos of bourbon, and earplugs.  Leave all sharp objects at home.)

Before we go, I wanted to say thanks to everyone who has headed over to Finding Magnolia to vote for Cole's Gift.  If you haven't yet, please do - it is SUPER fast and easy, and it is for such a good cause.  You can read more about it here.  Voting is open until midnight October 23rd.

Also, as a housekeeping note, I finally added an About Me page to this here blog.  I don't know why it took me so long, except that doing so felt a little narcissistic, which is hilarious, considering, you know....oh, I hope I didn't already pack that bourbon...

Link to the About Me page is over in that there right-hand column o' links.  Or, as a special Friday treat, you can access it right here.

That's all I've got today.  Oh, and some cute photos of my girls from the last week.  Happy weekend!










1 comment:

Grandma said...

Love, love, LOVE the pictures, Melanie! What sweet, adorable girls!Have a wonderful weekend out there in all that nature with the girls and your hubby. Have no fear, Jimmy will take care of all of you. No doubt he already has a clever way to be sure that baby gets her warm babas!