Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hello, there





Hello, everyone!  I had to come here right away to tell you that I couldn't be more flattered to have been linked to by Andi Cumbo on her amazing blog, AndiLit.com, this morning.  Really and truly, with all the great things going on out there in the blogosphere, with so many other choices to recommend, it means a great deal to me.  And already some of you have visited here for the first time due to Andi's link, so, if you're new here, I thought I'd give you a little tour:


  • I recently added an About Me page, and you can find it here.  For the most part I write about my daily life raising two incredible little girls along with my husband in our tiny home in Los Angeles.  I suppose then, technically, you could call this a mommy blog.  But in that case you should be forewarned that I do not craft, I dislike cooking, I have little to no parenting advice for you, and I feel like I'm barely surviving the toddler years.  But I have posted about exploding baby poop in the past, so if that automatically drops me into mommy blog territory, I have no recourse for arguing.
  • Occasionally I share products I like, or want, or I'll post photos of something I've done to the house (such as the girls' newly redone bedroom, which I'm still hoping to post later today - no really, it's coming!).  Still, I'm not trying to make this a design blog.  There are too many excellent ones already out there, and most of the things I want to post here are things I found on those other blogs.  Also, I'm just too lazy.  I mean tired.  Okay, lazy.
  • One of the primary reasons I come here to write is because it helps me work through my ongoing tug-of-war with depression.  It's probably safe to say that the meat of my writing is in these posts.  If you're interested, you can find them here, and a few posts which stand out to me are here and here.
  • I wrote a fairly narcissistic series this year on coming to terms with where I am in my life, and that series begins here.  And yes, it IS amusing to refer to particular posts on a public online journal as "narcissistic."  By the way, does this blog make me look fat?
  • Recently I was also linked to by my lovely friend, Mary, at Finding Magnolia for some writing about my baby nephew, Cole, who passed away last year.  Some of you may be here now for that reason.  Writings about sweet Cole can be found here, but more importantly you should read about him on his mama's blog - my incredible sister-in-law Jennifer - at Newsighted.


I think that's enough of an introduction.  If you're still here, welcome!  Thank you for visiting.  I hope you stay a bit, and introduce yourself.  And to Andi - THANK YOU.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You did my heart good today.

xo


melanie










No comments: