Saturday, February 23, 2013

favorite thing of the week


I've been meaning to start this up for a while, my Favorite Thing of the Week.  I can't guarantee that I'll be consistent with it, or that everything I post as a favorite thing of the week will be so new that you've never heard of it before, but it will be something I like, when I like it.  So here you go, my first favorite thing of the week is...





the Rookie Mag Friday Playlists!  Every week the uber-rad and inspiring made-by-real-girls-FOR-real-girls Rookie Mag posts a Friday playlist that is guaranteed to include a song or two I love but haven't heard in years, a slew of brand-spankin-new (to me) artists, and often something oddball to keep me on my toes. I love it because it keeps me from drowning in that music rut that I'm so apt to wallow in since becoming a resident in the land of toddlers, Katy Perry, and oddly-categorized Pandora stations.

Go ahead, press play. And happy weekending!











No comments: