Thursday, February 7, 2013

work




Seasons in Los Angeles are just so odd.  Sure it's February, and the weather is chilly again today, but the flowering trees are already beginning to....well....flower, and it's almost impossible not to feel like we are enjoying the early days of spring.

(Don't be jealous, please.  This lovely feeling will all come crashing down in exactly eight weeks, when we'll get to enjoy May Gray followed by the traditional June Gloom.  Welcome to sunny LA.)

Regardless, today it feels like spring.  Which makes me look ahead to summer, which reminds me again that we need to be ever-so-careful with our cash around here.  Jimmy has a fabulous job, and with it every summer he gets a hiatus during which we get to enjoy having him around the house for a couple of months.  Sometimes we even get to go visit some family.  But hiatus also means no paychecks.  Urg.

In short, I am feeling very broke at the moment.  Broke, and slightly panicked.  And so, I've been very busy this week working on a print for my Etsy shop.  I hope to have it finished tomorrow evening, and after that I hope to begin another one.  Unfortunately, it's been cutting into my writing time.  I hate that. But I hope you'll bear with me as I figure out this balance.  I need to write here.  And I need to earn some money for my family.  I don't know if I'm headed in the right direction with this, but I'm enjoying myself, and I think I have to at least try.

If you don't mind, wish me luck.  I could absolutely use it.

More soon.



xo.











2 comments:

pollydove said...

I grew up in Southern California and LOVED the "winters". Cool, rainy, a little bleak out - but a little bleak out always creates more productivity from me. Love your blog!

melanie said...

Pollydove, THANK YOU, again! You have been encouraging me so very much!