Friday, June 14, 2013

no alarms and no suprises



For those of you not following me on Instagram or Facebook, I posted this today (slightly edited, because I can't not edit and re-edit and re-edit myself - it's basically an illness):

Hey, friends.  Forgive me for putting it this way, but it's been a shitty couple of weeks around here.  Some of it I can't share, some of it I don't know how to share, and the rest of it, well, I just haven't had any damn time for it.  Things can always be worse, obviously.  What I can't figure out right now, though, is how to make any of it any better.  But I do so appreciate having friends out there, like you.  Just knowing that makes an enormous difference in my life.  Thank you.

I posted that about an hour ago, and already I've received a heap of lovely comments, messages, texts, and offers to get together right away.  And I know my phone will be ringing approximately .5 seconds after my mom catches it.  No kidding - you guys are the best.  Absolutely the best.  There's a lot going on that just can't be fixed, at least not now.  Such is life, right?  Yeah.  That will never be anything other than completely annoying.

I'm not sure if or when I'll have time to say more.  I don't know if I'll have any time to write again before we leave to visit family in a week.  It's possible I won't even be around this place at all until mid-July.  If so, I'm really sorry.  No one misses my being able to write here more than I do.  That's a guarantee.  But, as always, thanks for sticking around.  Did I mention you are the best?  You are.  The best.


xo

melanie














1 comment:

kittymclewin said...

Winds in the east, Mist rolling in...like something is brewin, bout to begin. Can't put my finger on what lies in store, but it seems what's to happen s'all happened before.

:)

You are ready...for whatever it is. I feel those same winds here. Here we go!